avr300 for £650

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dunnett, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dunnett

dunnett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys Looking to upgrade from an avr 200 to avr 300. So bought an ex demo for £650 got it set up sounds great but the fan runs constant had it a week now the dealer said they will send it back to arcam for repair.
    Now I have seen one at another dealer for the same price brand new
    any thoughts !!

2. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,308
    I would say as it's ex-demo, that they should have been aware of the problem before they sold it to you. I personally would not accept a repair in that circumstance and insist on a refund.

There are many factors that may influence your decision, such as relationship with the dealer, proximity to them etc.

I would at least expect to be loaned one whilst it was off for repair (which may be some weeks). Maybe you could even push for a billy bargain 350 to save everyone a lot of hassle ;)

Good luck

Graham

3. Noobie Here

Noobie Here

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Personally I'd ask for my money back then get in touch with Moorgate (Sheffield) or Lintone (Gateshead) and buy a new boxed one for £599. Irrespective of the fact it's a demo model it isn't operating properly and fit for purpose.

4. Doctor_AB

Doctor_AB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    The fan constantly running was a problem with early avr300's i believe (mine had to go off for repair and has been fine since). It would be interesting to find out the build date if this is possible. Someone is selling a used AVR300 in the classifieds for a bargain price.