1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 / DV 27 Video Component problem

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by JTraynor, Dec 14, 2004.

1. JTraynor

JTraynor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the following setup. Arcam DVD27 connected to a Arcam AVR300. The DVD player is connected to the amplifier through component on DVD in. The component output of the AVR300 is connected to a Fujitsu plamsa. Everything was workling fine untill I disconnected the DVD 27 from the AVR300 and reconnected it to it again. We now have no picture coming up. I moved the connection fro ther DVD input to the AV input and it worked again. I then disconnected the component input from the AV input and put it back in the DVD component input and still no picture. I moved it back to the AV input and now it will not show a picture. Any ideas? Cables etc.. have all been checked. I also tried a different DVD player and still no joy so for the time being the DVD player is connected through the S-Video inputs and upconverted to the component out on the AVR300.

Regards

John

2. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Bypass the amp and connect the DV27 to the plasma if that's your only component output.

3. JTraynor

JTraynor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I can't do that as we upconvert all the composite & S-Video signals and send them down the component out. The cables were put in during the build stage so there is no chance of getting any other cables to the plasma. Is this the first time anyone has heard of this and is there a fix out there for the problem. This is the second unit it has happened to.