AVR300 driving 4ohm speakers

AndoverRed

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking at a pair of Axiom Millennia M80ti floorstanding speakers to go with my AVR300/FMJ 27A combination.

The M80ti speakers are 4ohm therefore needing a pretty good amp to drive them.

Do you feel that the AVR300 is up to the task?

Regards

Mark

Should be no problem. I don't own one yet, but I did demo one in the house for 2 days. Speakers are PSB Golds which are 4ohm and not that efficient. 85db is about the loudest I would want to listen, and it did this with ease. It wasn't even bi-amped, so that's an extra reserve if needed.

I have been an owner of an AVR300 and it is capable of driving 4 or 8 ohm speakers via a switch on the back panel.

Regards
JAson :thumbsup:

I've used my avr300 to drive Onix Reference 1 speakers with absolutely no trouble at all.

I've got an AVR 250 and am driving 4 ohm B+W 610s without any troubles. So the more powerful AVR 300 should be more than adequate.

Jurgen S.

I use the M&K K series speakers with an AVR300 and have no problems at all. Quite the reverse, I love 'em!

I remember reading on the forum by andy dutton that you should be really driving 4 or 8 ohm speakers with it switched to 4ohm downfall is it will heat up more but it will sound a wee bit better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom