AVR300 - does it delay analogue sources

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ihan, Nov 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ihan

ihan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

I'm about to purchase an AVR300. I currently own a Denon AVC10SE. I am purchasing the AVR300 in order to obtain the audio delay feature, since, I am going to add a lumagen processor to my system. I've found out it does delay analogue sources, so I will ask another question instead :)

With regard to 2 channel audio, I find that my current system lacks bass. I have to use my subwoofer in order to get a 'balanced' sound. I find this surprising, because in my old flat, the speakers ( https://secure.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/acatalog/Wilmslow_Audio_Isis_31.html) performed fine.

I do not expect the Arcam AVR300 to fix the 'lack of bass' problem, so it looks as though I am going to have to purchase some floorstanders to put more bottom end energy into the room. I've got my eye on some B&W 704s. I have a budget of £1-2k, would anyone care to comment on the quality of the AVR300/B&W704 partnership or perhaps suggest any suitable alternatives.

Thanks,
    ihan