1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 & CR80 reset to factory settings?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by ihan, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ihan

ihan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi all,

I'm selling my AVR300 over the next few days, and wish to reset it & the CR80 remote control back to default factory settings. Is there an easy way to do this?

Regards,
    Ian

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

For the AVR300 you do this in the engineering menu, RDSinfo + Preset tune together on the front panel takes you into this menu use ^V arrows to navigate to the restore option, make sure you leave the RC5 codes alone otherwise it will stop responding to the remote control, set restore to yes then exit using Ok on the exit option.

You can't reset the CR80 to default settings in one operation. You would have to remove any learned codes using the delete function. There is little point in worrying about the code set for TV etc as the new user can simply overwrite them when setting it up for there components.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Should the new owner reprogramme the CR80 for a specific TV etc, using the codes listed in the manual, I believe that the function of any "learned" buttons are not overwriten. These need to be individually deleted for the new function to take effect. It may be prudent, therefore, to delete them anyway.