1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 Component in&out

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by AndoverRed, Sep 21, 2005.

1. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am planning to use my AVR300 as a component video switcher. Anyone had experience of this?

The intention is to connect the following:

- Arcam DV27a via progressive
    - ntl set-top box via RGB-to-component converter
    - x-box via component lead

If I feed the progressive signal from the DV27a into the AVR300, will a progressive signal be output to the display, or do I have to input interlaced component?

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi AndoverRed,

We should stop meeting like this :D . I have exactly the same setup except the DV29 instead of DV27A.

All three work great through the AVR300. XBOX and DVD have been used as progressive and interlaced, NTL obviously just interlaced. The component out on my AVR300 goes to a JS-Tech component buffer which then splits the output to send one to my projector, and one to the plasma (when I get it up and running!). So given I have only the evidence of the projector output, and I can say it is superb with a great picture :thumbsup: Although I do use the DVD player via HDMI for projector viewing mainly.

Just remember though when passing through a progressive picture, the AVR300 menu screens and prompts cannot be seen. So in our cases, it is only the NTL where you'll see things like the volume bars come up on the screen when you change volume.

Cheers,

Andy

3. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Cheers for that bud. I just have to decide which display to buy now. :confused:

Presently, the Panasonic PHD8, Sony V40 LCD, and Samsung SP50 DLP are top of my list.

Football is very dull now don't you think? :D

4. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Yep just too many 0-0 draws ;)