AVR300 biamping issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Barend, Jul 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Biamping works fine, I just wonder about the channel gain of the extra channels, it does not seem to make any difference whether I change the settings to FIXED or change the volume, which is OK because the biamping follows the master volume.
    I have LF connected to the "ZONE2" amps.
    But how do I change the gain of the bass channel? Suppose it's 0 dB now but I think it's nice to have a "bass level control"...
    Also, right now it's a bit "too much bass" for my taste so setting of -3dB would be nice (or +3dB for the HF channel).
    Maybe I should try to use the Denon's workaround approach, and a link cable from the PRE OUT?
    Barend

2. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barend, not sure if this is what your are looking for but there is a seperate page in the setup menu which allows you to adjust the treble and bass for each channel (equalisation page).

Im guessing you could adjust the base on the zone 2 amps or the treble of the main amps to adjust the sound to your taste.

From memory i think there is also a section to adjust the sub woofer gain in stereo mode.

Spike

3. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Spikeyboy3,
    That's not the same- see:
    Amp 6 goes to the LOW socket on the L front speaker
    Amp 7 same to the R channel speaker's LOW socket
    If I just operate the eq control say -3dB on FL/FR all speakers LARGE will be reduced, not just FL/FR.
    Now that may not be a big problem, will try.
    Barend

4. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Barend on the speaker eq page you have the ability to adjust each amps bass and treble, options are as follows:

All
    FL
    C
    FR
    SR
    SBR
    SBL
    SL

On mine in Bi-Amp mode SBR and SBL have N/A next to them.

the SR and SL are amps 6 and 7 so you could adjust the bass down on SR and SL to reduce the bass sent to the lows on your fronts.

As i recall this individule speaker eq was put in to allow adjustment on each speaker so that you could get a sound match accross all speakers, but you could use it for what you need to do.

Spike

5. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hey Spikeyboy3, thanks!
    Are you certain SL/SR are amps 6 and 7 ?
    Could you elaborate a bit? I am not sure how setting the eq on SL/SR could affect FL/FR...but I hope it works...
    Now I rethink, as a workaround I can try setting the bass on FL/FR as these are the speakers I am biamping...although it's not the same as all I really need to do is lowering/raising the individual gain (volume) of amps 6 & 7. Actually I want to send the full spectrum to both biamp channels Lo and Hi and let the crossover do the rest.

On another subject, as you seem well versed in all things AVR300-
    How can I connect an equalizer for all inputs- tape loop?
    But when I select TAPE IN how do I select CD too?

Barend

6. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ops looks like i fobard - it was late last night when i posted, i knew that there was a n eq page for adjusting each speaker, but what it doesnt allow is adjustment of amps 6 and 7 when in bi-amp mode, as these would be SBL and SBR which just have N/A next to them.

Wouldnt say im that well versed on the AVR 300 yet - only had it around 2 weeks and still playing around, but will see if i can find out if you can do what you want with the EQ.

Spike