AVR300 bi-amping - any success stories?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PhillM, Sep 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. PhillM

PhillM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As owner of a newly accquired AVR300, I'm eager to try bi-amping my ProAc Studio 125 front speakers in stereo.

Does anyone have aural evidence with their setup to say it is worthwhile doing this, as I'm only 5.1 cinema setup currently.

Is it really important to use the same spec cable for high and low frequencies to get the best results? Not sure I want to buy another set of Chord Odyssey and find it makes no or very little difference, would a cheaper Chord cable for high frequencies be OK?

Does the direct mode work OK even though you are using all 7.1 channels?

Any advice welcomed please!!!:)

Phill

2. sasso420

sasso420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I also have an AVR300 with a pair of proac studio 125's. I have only ever used them bi-amped. Definitely worth doing in my opinion, especially in direct mode when listening to music.

I only acquired my proacs a few months back and have been very impressed with them.

I previously owned a pair of mordaunt short 908s which i used in a 6.1 system very briefly. Switched to biamping and went with the 5.1 setup using the spare channels to biamp, it was a very noticeable difference.

Go for it :thumbsup:

3. junipers

junipers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I asked a similar couple of questions (in the "Newbie AVR300 speaker question" thread) and ended up doing a couple of PM's with Dankeech, moderator in this forum:

4. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I have an AVR350 and biamping the fronts made a significant difference to the osund - more alive with a wider soundstage - go for it ;)

5. proux

proux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I briefly tried biamping with Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 which I had temporarily, and even with those little ones it gave nice depth and clarity to teh sound.