1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 - another problem?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by m1964, Oct 16, 2005.

1. m1964

m1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: I am using Logitech Harmony universal remote control, and following happened a few times in the last 6 month or so since I got the unit -when watching TV (I have cable).

1. when pressing Volume DOWN button, volume goes UP. It happens so rarely that it is not a big deal, but I start to wonder why..
    2. sometimes after I press volume button the AVR would change VIDEO input ONLY to AV - everything else (audio and HQ video) remains set to SAT. This one is confusing for my family - they cannot see the picture and unable to figure out why.

SInce it happens so rarely I do not think it would make sense to use original Arcam remote so I could replicate the error.

I wonder if anyone had same/similar problem and what was the solution if any.

Thanks for any info.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    This is almost certainly a problem with the remote not outputting the signal correctly. I suggest you try reteaching the Harmony remote from the original Arcam remote.

3. m1964

m1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it happens so rarely that it's not a great deal at all. What can I re-teach the harmony remote- Volume UP/ Down commands? These commands were in the manufacturer database, I did not have to teach the Harmony remote at all - they got all the commands for every device (they claim)

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I realise that these commands are in the database but obviously they have got them slightly wrong or the remote is outputting them incorrectly. I'm sure it is possible to 'teach' the Harmony remote the commands directly from the ?Arcam remote although I not very familiar with the Harmony range as we only deal with the Marantz adn Nevo remotes at my shop.

5. m1964

m1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Yes, it is possible to re-teach harmony the commands, I am not going to do it now since the problem happens VERY rarely. However, it's good to know that there is NO PROBLEM w/ my AVR!!