AVR300 and Starlet 9 speakers

K

kip

The speakercraft Starlet 9 speakers need to be bi-amped. I know it is possible to do with my AVR300, but can the output of each amp be adjusted? The Starlet 9's need 2 amps for each channel with an adjustable gain so the speaker can be tweeked by using pink noise and a volt meter. If this is not possible then is it possible to run another enternal amp with the rca outs of the AVR300 while still using the AVR300's internal amp at the same time to bi-amp? I would purchase and external amp with adjustable gain and with the same power rating as the AVR300. Any recomendations from people familiar with the Speakercraft starlet 6 and 9 speakers and the AVR300 functionality would be appreciated.

davehk

kip said:
The speakercraft Starlet 9 speakers need to be bi-amped. I know it is possible to do with my AVR300, but can the output of each amp be adjusted?.

No - not independently

kip said:
The Starlet 9's need 2 amps for each channel with an adjustable gain so the speaker can be tweeked by using pink noise and a volt meter. If this is not possible then is it possible to run another enternal amp with the rca outs of the AVR300 while still using the AVR300's internal amp at the same time to bi-amp?

Yes

K

kip

Thank you. I will search for an additional external amp with 31 db of gain and adjustable input volume. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Budget is low. Under $300.00 used.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom