1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR300 and PMC DB1s - speaker cable?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Mike999, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Mike999

Mike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm using my AVR300 with PMC DB1 speakers and although I'm very impressed with the sound, I'd like to try bi-amping the front speakers using the two extra surround amps as you can do with the AVR300. I'm currently using Linn speaker cable, carried over from my previous non-Arcam/non-PMC system. Can anyone recommend a cable for bi-amping that would suit the characteristics of the Arcam/PMC combo?

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    No sure if this is any help for you, but i use Atlas 2.0+1.1, between my A90 and PMC GB1's.
    I have not got them bi-amp'd only bi-wired, but it sounds very good to me.
    This is the same cable that the shop was useing when i auditioned these speakers and i do belive that they were useing the spare outputs from the AVR300 to bi-amp the GB1's.

3. EvilDead

EvilDead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I use Chord Rumour 4 to bi-amp my FB1s and bi-wire my TB2-C and Rumour 2 for single runs to the rears (DB1s). I tried several other cables and found these suited the system best to my ears.

4. Mike999

Mike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have ended up going for Chord Carnival Silver + biwire after talking to my local Audio-T chaps...