AVR300 and p90 - any good together?

S

Stevebakerb28

Hi,

Has anyone added the p90 to the AVR300? I'd like to upgrade my system and wondered what sort of effect the p90 has. I've already bi-wired the left and right fronts as I only use five speakers but does the p90 do this any better and does 7.1 make much difference for movies?

Thanks,

Steve

davehk

Stevebakerb28 said:
Hi,

Has anyone added the p90 to the AVR300? I'd like to upgrade my system and wondered what sort of effect the p90 has. I've already bi-wired the left and right fronts as I only use five speakers but does the p90 do this any better and does 7.1 make much difference for movies?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes - I use the P90 with my AVR300 to bi-amp the fronts. Well worthwhile. Though I'll probably put an A90 in for stereo and biamp using the that and the p90 when my end of year bonus arrives!

H

Hoggers

Hello...

I also have the 300 bi-amped with the P90... sounds brilliant :thumbsup:

LFCRules

I've got the AVR300 bi-amped with a P90/3 for all three fronts in my 6.1 setup. I noticed the difference most on the centre channel, with it becoming clearer and more precise, especially when sitting behind my pullup screen when the projector's on :smashin:

barnythebear

Standard Member
Yes I added a P25/3 to my set up and it did make a significant difference so the P90 should do something similar.

P

Prototype_73

Do you know if the P90 can be used as monoblock? I intend to run my center channel with external P90 to my B&W HTM1

davehk

The P90 has no in-built provision for running in bridged mode - so no.

It might be possible with an external phase splitter - but I would not try it without confirmation from Arcam

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom