AVR300 and Dolby Headphone

C

CHX

Is it a big effort for the Arcam engineers to integrate Dolby Headphone into the AVR300?

Let me ask in another way.
Is Dolby Headphone for anybody an interesting feature?
Should Dolby Headphone be integrated with one of the next updates into the AVR300?

ofcourse I can't answer this question for the manufacturer and I am unaware of the costs associated with adding this hardware/sw to the AVR300, but I would imagine that the costs will be to high and the people needed it to low. I think that is also one of the reasons why they removed the phono input from the AVR as this raises the price and make the device less competitive. If 90% of the people are not using it......

On the other hand, they should also consider good add-ons that could grow in the future and this could be one of those.

If I were you, I would look into some device that you can hook up into the AVR through a digital output connection, that would provide you a Dolby signal and attaching your dolby headphone to that device (if possible at all)

>> On the other hand, they should also consider good add-ons that could grow in the future and this could be one of those. <<

Yes, I agree with you. Therefore I have asked this question.

In my opinion Dolby Headphone converts in a perfect way the 5.1 into 2 channel sound, much better than e.g. the YAMAHA solution.

The ARCAM AVR300 receiver is today one of the most important and interesting AV-Receivers.
Dolby Headphone is part of the most High-End AV-Receivers (DENON, HARMAN KARDON,…), therefore I think - if the effort is not too high - Dolby Headphone should be integrated with an update to the AVR300.

It would be kind, if one of the Arcam engineers could answer my questions.

I'd like to see Dolby Headphone on the AV8. Given the complete lack of upgrades to Arcam's flagship 'modular' processor it's a pretty vain hope though.

Regards,

Jules.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom