avr2805 svideo in to component out switching

D

dest

I've been trying to set up the video switching function on the 2805 I have a monitor connected to the component o/p and a terrestrial digital box connected to Video 1 component i/p via harddisk recorder. This works fine.

I have another digital terrestrial box connect to VDP svideo i/p and, for testing, a video camera connected to VCR1 composite video i/p

I cannot get either of these two source to switch the the component o/p. Audio switches ok.

The video switches between VDP and VCR1 as it should when connected to the svideo/composite monitor o/p and the OSD works fine on that o/p

Any ideas on how I can route svideo or composite video to the component o/p?

Thanks

A.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
What is your component input assignment set to for the VDP and VCR? It's menu option 3-3.

I've just done a test on my set up. Granted I haven't got all your gear, ut the principal remains.

I disconnected my DVD component lead to make sure that was not providing a signal. I then connected a S-Video out from the DVD to the VCR input. With the TV still conected on the Component out from the amp, I switched input to VCR when the DVD was playing. Sure enough I got the S-Video converted to component which appeared on my TV.

Interesting that when you have a component source being routed via the amp, the OSD for the volume up and down doesn't work, but it does work if upsamplig from S-Video to component (i.e. the OSD "volume" appears on the component signal).

The component input assignment on the VCR in the 3-3 menu was set to none.

HTH. If it doesn't, perhaps you have faulty upsampling?

D

dest

thanks for taking the time to test this out.

My component inputs for VDP and VCR are set to NONE

I also disconected everything as you did and, unfortunately, only get audio switching.

I'm hoping its not a fault. I've contacted Denon but no response as yet.

A.

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
A long shot now........

Have you got ANY component signal from your AMP to display on your monitor? Do you run your DVD directly to your monitor or through the AMP?

I remember reading a recent thread in here that stated the component out on the Denon is interlaced and that a monitor that was being used was progressive scan capable. The result: no picture. I think a quick test was done by switching the output of the DVD from progressive to interlaced and no picture was the result. Progessive component will get fed through the amp unhindered I think, but any conversion is to interlaced.

As I said, a long shot.

D

dest

ah you may have something now.

but to answer your first question yes, I do have a component signal from the amp when the hard disk/DVD unit is i/p on component in. This give me a 576p signal at the monitor.

my tv can display 480p, 576p or 1080i

So you are probably correct with your long shot :(
Damn, that is annoying I don't remember seeing that the conversion was to interlaced in the manual.

I have noticed that there is no down-conversion from component to svideo either, although I think I do remember reading that is the case in the manual.

The system is:

Terrestrial box: Sony DV3
connected by Scart RGB to
DVD/HD: Panasonic DMR-E95H
connected by component to
Receiver: Denon AVR 2805
connected by component to
TV: Philips 30pf9975

and then second terrestrial box: Goodmans GBD2
connected by svideo to
Receiver: Denon AVR 2805

Speakers: Mordaunt-Short Genie