1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR2805 good enough with QUAD 12L cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DrumNBass, Mar 6, 2005.

1. DrumNBass

DrumNBass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been thinking of buying the QUAD cinema package based on the QUAD 12L fronts. I want to get the fronts and centre now (using my current missions as rears) and at a later date get the 11Ls as rears and also guy the QUAD sub (when I move out of the 3rd floor flat). However given my current budget I'd only have about £600 left for the AMP, is the 2805 going to be good enough for this setup?

thanks in advance.

2. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I heard the QUAD 11L with the Denon 3805 with great results!

I think they can do a good match even if they sound better with a better amp (as allways).

Go an try it! Or try the Marantz SR7500 too at a similar budget...

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I'm currently running the SR7500 with Quad 21L's and it drives them very well indeed, they make a great team too :)

4. krungthep56

krungthep56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Drum'n'Bass,

I have the Denon 3805, linked to the 3910 DVD player via Denonlink, and at the moment am playing through a single pair of 11L's.

The sound with good material is superb, although the Quads do depend upon good quality fodder.

Am sure the 2805 will be up to the job, what source player will you be playing through?

Another factor to consider is that I am sure that you'll want to keep the Quads and they will outlive your receiver.

Regards,

HT

5. DrumNBass

DrumNBass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently playing through an old Marantz CD 63SE anda Pioneer 565A DVD player. I "may" upgrade both at some stage although I may wait a year or so and invest some kind of good quality streaming device.

I had a demo of the QUADS today, fantastic, I'll put up a seperate post about that.