1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avr200or3802

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by teknosys, Nov 27, 2001.

1. teknosys

teknosys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also interested in avr200/dv88 was wondering if dealers holding back release due to existing stock of avr100? however how would denon 3802/dv2800 compare. also is the2802 advetised on german site an updated model?

2. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The replacement for the DVD2800 is to be the DVD2900, some post about this on the avsforum and it is on some Japanese e-comm sites and it will use a different prog-scan chipset. When this comes out is anybody's guess.

Seems that a lot of dealers are marking down AVR100 stock to clear them... mind you the Denon combo can be had for £1250 and the Arcam 200/DV88 is £1800 - mind you guess it's what it performs like really.

3. teknosys

teknosys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the response.where can you get denon combo for £1250?

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi teknosys,

I am pleased that you are interested in Arcam equipment for your home cinema needs.

Well over 100 Arcam dealers already have the AVR200 in stock and on demo, including many in the London area. If you e-mail me with your precise location I would be able to direct you to a nearby dealer who would be able to demo the DV88/AVR200 combo for you.

Whatever you choose to buy I would recommend getting it from a local dealer from whom you can can get a decent demo and always turn for advice and support should you ever need it.

Sincerely,

John Dawson (Arcam)