1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR200 & Xbox help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Wilbur, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Wilbur

Standard Member

May 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I finally complemented my HC set-up with an xbox over Xmas. Got everything hooked up via an advanced scart pack (optical cable to the AUX input on my Arcam AVR200 & RGB Scart to the back of My Loewe Articos).

Everything was working fine and the sound from the box was awesome! But then... I tried to play a DVD and was getting only sound (Arcam DV88 is hooked up via digital coax to the AVR200 and RGB picture only scart to the TV). I went into the connections menu on the TV, reset it and reconnected all the respective devices again - this time both the DVD & Xbox worked BUT the xbox would no longer produce 5.1. Why?!

The Xbox dashboard is set up correctly.

The only way I could think of to check the aux input on the amp was to use the optical out on my DVD - this didn't produce sound either. However, if I input to the aux channel using standard red and white connections then it works fine. I can't imagine that the optical input or cable would have suddenly failed after they had worked perfectly only moments before.

Anybody got any ideas? I want the nice sound back!!!!

Thanks in advance,