AVR200 Issues

hoopsontoast

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an AVR200 which I am using with multiple inputs atm.
Its being used in both Stereo and Multichannel setups.

It has two rear speakers connected (Kef Coda 9.2), and the fronts (Keesonic Kolt) are powered by the pre-outs (FR and FL) going into a separate amp (SONY TA-F670ES) being used as a power amp. There is no centre, its set to 'Off' in the AVR200 menu.

When I use it in stereo, with the signal being passed through to the Sony, its fine, everything works.

If I take the Sony out and plug the front speakers into the FR and FL high level outs, it works fine (in stereo) for a while then the right channel goes faint.

When in multichannel mode, with the AVR200 being fed with both a SKY+ HD box and Panasonic Bluray player using Coaxial outputs/inputs, I get a crackling through the speakers (both the front and back).

ATM, I am using a very cheap RCA cable as the coaxial cable, is this likely to be the problem?

The Bluray is set to Bitstream output, and the SKY box is set to 'Dolby Digital' ouptut.

I have yet to try the multichannel analogue outputs from the bluray into the 5.1 input on the AVR200 as I dont have enough cables atm.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom