• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AVR200 Digital Inputs

raven219

Established Member
Am I right in thinking that these cannot re-assigned. It would be nice to hook up the Sky+ to the SAT input but Sky use an optical out.

Cheers

Raven

RaceTripper

Standard Member
Originally posted by raven219
Am I right in thinking that these cannot re-assigned. It would be nice to hook up the Sky+ to the SAT input but Sky use an optical out.

Cheers

Raven

No, they cannot be reassigned. But I'm told the AVR300 will support that feature.

Dean

ANDY_DUTTON

Established Member
Hi,

Digital input redirection was added to the very latest batch of AVR200s. So it depends upon if you are buying a brand new one or getting one second hand. (by the way, it is not possible to upgrade the old units as the software cannot be upgraded)

Regards,
Andrew

gvh

Established Member
You can buy optical <-> coaxial digital convertors for not much money. Search Maplin for both words. I'm awaiting sky+ and will be buying one shortly.

cheers

O

Ovation

Originally posted by ANDY_ARCAM
Hi,

Digital input redirection was added to the very latest batch of AVR200s. So it depends upon if you are buying a brand new one or getting one second hand. (by the way, it is not possible to upgrade the old units as the software cannot be upgraded)

Regards,
Andrew

I look forward to trying out this feature as I've just purchased an AVR200. However, I will have to wait a few more days as yesterday afternoon, three seconds after I turned on my BRAND NEW AVR200, it blew a fuse. I immediately returned it and my dealer was very accomodating. He called his distributor to overnight me a new one and loaned me an A65 with which to audition some speakers while I wait. I hope this problem is not a sign of things to come as I really enjoyed the musicality of the Arcam products that I've heard.

P.S. The dealer opened it up and replaced the fuse, several times, as it kept blowing.

ANDY_DUTTON

Established Member
Hi,

This certainly isn't normal for the AVR200 I can only assume that it was damaged in transit in some way. Every unit is tested before it leaves the factory and there is no way a unit that was blowing fuses would have got through the tests.

I hope you like the AVR200 when it does arrive.

Best Regards,
Andrew

O

Ovation

I'll be sure to post my enjoyment (or lack thereof) once I get it. I anticipate nothing but positive listening as I made a rather thorough audition of the various receivers under consideration before selecting the Arcam. Elsewhere I asked about DTS 24/96 compatibility. As the digital inputs are now assignable, has a similar upgrade been made to the DTS decoder re: 24/96? Just curious.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom