1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR200 config

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by garyjd, Nov 22, 2004.

1. garyjd

garyjd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Im looking for answers to some setup questions as the AV world is all still relatively new to me.

Just bought an AVR200 and currently have cd player and dvd player connected. On my old Rotel amp I use to be able to use a scart lead from my TV which had two phono connectors and I could input these into aux. I can't see anything on the back of the amp that will allow me to do this now? It has an optical input for aux.

I Also have a sagem Freeview box which has a digital output, what can I connect this too. CD and DVD both connect via digital.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

2. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    For your Freeview box, you will need to use wither the AUX or Tape digital in. The AVR200 doesn't allow you to reassign the digital inputs, so choose one that makes sense to you.

There are some phono connectors for AUX (just under AM step switch). Connect to the input ones and off you go. Not sure how it will be have if you use the digtal aux in and the phone aux in . I think the digital will take preference.

HTH

Raven

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    If it's the latest version software, then the 200 'will' allow you to reasign the digital inputs. You should have had an extra insert in your instruction book explaining that.

4. garyjd

garyjd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both of you for your reply's. I had a feeling I could re-assign the inputs. Will have to look for the insert tonight and all being well, I will have all devices connected.

Thanks again.

Gary

5. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    It took me one or two minutes to dechiper the fact that before you can assign a particular input, it needs to be removed first from it's current allocation.

ie, if the cd input is assigned the cd digital input, set that to none first before reasigning it elsewhere.

6. garyjd

garyjd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so why didn't I realise before, that I don't need to have both my tv and freeview box connected to my AV. If I watch my TV through the freeview box then I only need take the digital audio out of there.

I managed to reassign the Sat to Aux and everything now works as I wanted :thumbsup:

Thanks guys (just need to buy another digital cable now).

Gary