AVR1911 Set Up Microphone

ponty1050

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just rejoined the AVForums after purchasing a new Sharp LC46le831 TV. To compliment it I thought I'd upgrade my old 1906 AV receiver and managed to find an ex-display 1911 for under £200. The manual, aerial, remote and set-up mic were supplied in a separate bag. The set up mic I was given is a black puck type. Is this correct as a few pictures I've seen on line for the 1910 and 1911 show them with a tower type mic. Have I been given the wrong mic and will it affect the EQ set up when I attempt it?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Update. I think I've identified the microphone supplied and it's not a Denon. Seems to be from the Pioneer sitting on the shelf above. Advice still needed as I can't fit and test the amp til next week. Will this mic work or are they matched to the receiver?

After a bit of searching I've discovered that I need the Audyssey mic. Anyone any ideas where to get one in the UK? None on eBay and Google doesn't list any UK sellers.

Just spent an hour at the shop going through boxes with a member of staff. Found brand new mic in sealed box. Sorted.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom