1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avr100

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by srbwilson, Nov 12, 2004.

1. srbwilson

srbwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the stereo setup as in my sig, however, i am now thinking of dabbling in HC again. i have previously had a nad 752 av reciever, also denon middle range stuff, but slimmed down my system as i moved to a smaller flat. i want to improve my dvd experience from just 2 channel via my a85, and am thinking of picking up a avr100. I dont want to spend a lot, and have been offered a avr100 for £180, will i get good results using the avr100 with the a85? any known issues other than the bass management probs of the avr100?

2. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I still have an AVR100, although I do plan to upgrade shortly. Even though it does not have the features, power and finesse of the AVR300, it gives good AV performance if tuned correctly.

Avoid DTS soundtracks. This amp is much better with Dolby Digital.

Increasing the levels on the centre, rears, and sub to +3db certainly helps.

The lack of Dolby Prologic IIx, configuration options and bass management are the main issues. Set all speakers to LARGE.

Hope that helps.

P.S You can buy my AVR100 for £180-200 if you wish :)

3. srbwilson

srbwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info. i'll have athink about your amp. where are you based?