AVR100 Choppy Sound Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by iMac UK, May 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. iMac UK

iMac UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anybody can help me...

I have an AVR100 which has worked flawlessly for about 3 years now. I have it paired with a DV88. Recently however, when watching DVDs or playing Xbox in Dolby Digital mode, the amp is having major problems with sound. I don't know what the technical term is (audio dropout?? sound glitch?) but I will do my best to describe it...

Basically, I can be watching a DVD or playing a game and then all of a sudden the sounds starts to cut out every half-second or so, resulting in a horrible, choppy, dalek-like noise. I have to switch the amp off and back on, and then sometimes the problem will go away for awhile but sometimes it starts again after 30 seconds or so.

As it happens with both my DVD player and Xbox, I think I can rule out the possibilty of bad/broken cables, as they both use seperate interconnects (dvd is coaxial and xbox optical). And when playing CDs in stereo everything is fine so I presume it's just a Dolby Digital problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? And if so how much would this cost to fix, and how long would it take, if I take it into my local dealer?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!