AVR-x4500h eARC sub crossover/range issue

Allsound

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hooked up my Samsung Q80T cable-hdmi with the eARC setup. My subs are set to LFE/120. But they are running vocals(haven't heard them performing like this) and are really overpowering with bass-(Cbl/Sat). Watched Mad Max through Prime and all my levels sounded phennormal-(TV Audio). also lowered subs to -12dB and bass tone down to -6 when watching Cbl/sat. Barely tolerable. Please let me know what details I may need to provide or if I'm overlooking something obvious.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Hooked up my Samsung Q80T cable-hdmi with the eARC setup. My subs are set to LFE/120. But they are running vocals(haven't heard them performing like this) and are really overpowering with bass-(Cbl/Sat). Watched Mad Max through Prime and all my levels sounded phennormal-(TV Audio). also lowered subs to -12dB and bass tone down to -6 when watching Cbl/sat. Barely tolerable. Please let me know what details I may need to provide or if I'm overlooking something obvious.
What AVR ? What settings did calibration set? What subs /speakers?

What AVR ? What settings did calibration set? What subs /speakers?
AVR-x4500h - Ran/set audyssey REW - all distances/xovers set
RMB-1075*preouts* 5ch 120w/ch
RP-280f*a .......-xover......full band[large] / (a)60Hz atmos [small]
RP-440c*.........................@40Hz [small]
RP-150m* surrounds......@40Hz [small]
RP-140d surround back..@80Hz [small]
R-1650-c top rear.............@80Hz [small]
R-112sw in front/rear opposing corners......LFE/@120Hz

I thought it might have been a wiring issue, but I ran the input setup and everything was right. AVR app also shows all channels working with both the Cab/Sat and TV Audio inputs. The Cab/Sat input is what seems to have the audio issues.

Last edited:
AVR-x4500h - Ran/set audyssey REW - all distances/xovers set
RMB-1075*preouts* 5ch 120w/ch
RP-280f*a .......-xover......full band[large] / (a)60Hz atmos [small]
RP-440c*.........................@40Hz [small]
RP-150m* surrounds......@40Hz [small]
RP-140d surround back..@80Hz [small]
R-1650-c top rear.............@80Hz [small]
R-112sw in front/rear opposing corners......LFE/@120Hz

I thought it might have been a wiring issue, but I ran the input setup and everything was right. AVR app also shows all channels working with both the Cab/Sat and TV Audio inputs. The Cab/Sat input is what seems to have the audio issues.
Have you changed all speakers to small and xovers to 80Hz? Also set AVR to output LFE only , not LFE + Main?

Is it the same for all inputs? If just on cable/satellite, then check settings on box.

Switched to a 4k cable box. Reran audyssey for good measure. Good news/bad news- issue resolved/don't know the exact issue

Switched to a 4k cable box. Reran audyssey for good measure. Good news/bad news- issue resolved/don't know the exact issue
Good to hear the issue has been resolved. Out of interest, are your speaker crossovers listed in post #3, the same after re-running Audyssey?

Good to hear the issue has been resolved. Out of interest, are your speaker crossovers listed in post #3, the same after re-running Audyssey?
Yep, it stayed the same on all of the crossovers. This was such a weird issue. Are you asking for a similar issue? What's your line of interest?

Yep, it stayed the same on all of the crossovers. This was such a weird issue. Are you asking for a similar issue? What's your line of interest?
No issues of my own. Was just interested in maybe finding out what caused this rather strange issue.

Can only think that the original calibration became corrupted somehow.

No issues of my own. Was just interested in maybe finding out what caused this rather strange issue.

Can only think that the original calibration became corrupted somehow.
Was so frustrating. I went through all the setting screens on the AVR and cable box and tried tweaking everything. Finally had it and created the post. Big sigh of relief after installing the 4k box.
Speaking of tweaking- I'm going to try splitting my pre-out surrounds to add a 2nd set of the RP-150m. I know there's plenty of posts that say not to do it but curiosity is getting the best of me. The distances are equal for both sets so I'm seeing if it'll be effectively a roided up set of the 250s. That may have to work(or not) until I can swing an AVR that can process 9.2.4.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom