Question AVR-X2700H green screen & sound issues

Dunnock

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, now had my x2700 for a few weeks. Connections are canton speaker set, 7 yr old pioneer blu-ray and a Humax foxsat recorder connected to the avr feeding to an LG55UF860V display. I still have 2 niggling issues even after a reset to try and resolve an AVR that seemed to have a mind of its own randomly changing settings. It seems a lot more stable now but;
1. Occasionally when watching on the foxsat it will just go green screen with no video or sound. The only thing you can do is turn everything off and back on again.
2. Spent ages on this one; with the blueray the only way I can get any sound is by having the picture set to standard. Switch it to enhanced and you get the picture on all inputs, and sound on everything except for the blu-ray.
I am using a hi-speed cable for the ARC. Any ideas for what's happening and more importantly does it seem like I've got a faulty unit or is anyone else finding these issues? Still within the 30 day period.

I would suggest just checking that it isn't a cable issue, whilst you are still in the returns period. Try some premium certified ones, for all connection, so source to AVR and AVR to TV, no need to spend a fortune:

Amazon product ASIN B01GCGKBWC

Thanks; I have tried different cables, but because the green screen is occasional it's difficult to tie down. For the sound issue changing between cables doesn't seem to make any difference. I put a new 8k rated cable for the ARC connection to the tv which made no difference, but I'll see if anyone else has other suggestions and will probably just change them all anyway so I can tick it off.

The premium certification programme is all that we really have to distinguish between different cables that are on sale. They are no more expensive, so it makes sense to buy the ones with the certification.

I get a random Green screen with my humax too, also happened on my previous Sony reciever, changing to a different source on the amp then back again usually does it for me, it's very likely to be a minor handshake issue on the humax box mate.

Having today connected the new HDMI cables I conclude that my pioneer BDP150 blu-ray just doesn't like the enhanced picture mode on the avr for delivering any sound. Standard mode picture/sound works fine. Not certain why this is happening though...yet. I've noticed in enhanced pic setting that there's a lot of switching between bluray and tv audio settings so have just disabled the tv audio switching setting.
Darbo, I'll chk how the new cable affects the green screen problem with the Humax and post a comment in a few days.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom