Question AVR-X2300W confused regarding audio output

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Squeaker, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Squeaker

Squeaker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I've recently bought a Denon AVR-X2300W and it seems like a good fit for what I need (based on my very limited experience with this type of thing)

I've got it set up and working, but I have a few questions which I can't seem to find the answer too. I suspect I'm doing something wrong, as there must be an easier way of doing things than I'm currently using.

I have all my AV kit in a cabinet in the office, and the HDMI output distributed around the house over Cat 6, which works fine. I got the X2300W as I wanted to have multiple inputs distributed around as well, (blu-ray player, video from PC, etc) as well as having a surround setup for the home cinema projector. This has worked, kind of, and this is my question.

If I'm watching TV and want to use the surround speakers, I have to go into the setup menu and choose Video-HDMI setup-HDMI Audio Out and change it from TV to AVR. I was hoping to be able to set up one of the quick select buttons for this kind of change, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've looked through the manual and this doesn't seem to be an option for the HDMI audio out to be tied to a quick select option.

There's got to be a better way to do this, so I'm throwing myself on your collective mercy and knowledge to steer a AV noob in the right diection. Any guidance will be gratefully received!

2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,900
    Put your source on, ie, TV then press and hold down the Quick Select button 1. Release the button and then call up your Blu Ray. Now press and hold Quick Select button 2. You can then go back into the input settings and rename tge Quick Selects you are using.

3. Squeaker

Squeaker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your fast response, but that only allocates the INPUT to the quick set button, not the HDMI audio out which is what I'm after.