AVR-X2000 still a good buy?

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just about to buy this receiver, but have read of several issues, and noticed it is now discontinued.
On the whole is this still a decent amp at the £250 price point, it appears to be about the best bang for buck!

I have not had an AVR for 3.5 years (baby, enough said) and always liked Pioneer, But feel a change is in order!
I have like most also owned one of the first Onkyo's which was a decent amp!

Just want to make sure there are not to many horror stories before I buy, (lip sync) I will have a 2 year warranty of course but look to reliability :)

I have a very basic setup, A-410 media player, PS3, Samsung LED and BDP. Generally it will be used with passthrough, the amp will get very little use.

TIA

As far as I am aware, its a great amp for the money. I don't think it has Wi Fi built in.

Go for it. :thumbsup:

Thank you,
Wifi/BT are a non issue for me as it will be sat next to my GB network switch :)

depends on the budget...it is GOOD, but there seems to be many 2014 models that are excellent...albeit too expensive for most

In all honesty there is only the budget I set myself, But I really just want something basic but decent, This AVR seems to fit what I need perfectly :)

What you'd gain by purchasing the AVRX2100W is wifi, dual HDMI output and HDMI version 2.0. It's debatable as to whether the inclusion of HDMI version 2.0 is of any use given the absence of HDCP version 2.2 with Denon's implementation of the interface? The underlying hardware is exactly the same as it was with the older model so if you do not need or want HDMI version 2.0, dual HDMI output or inbuilt wifi then there's absolutely no benefit associated with spending more on the AVRX2100W when compared to the ARRX2000 that preceded it.

Thank you,
This was my understanding, plus it is double the price!
Looks like the Denon is going to be ordered then :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom