Question AVR with dual display output

arifroni

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello

i am looking for an AVR which has two display out.
one will be 4k hdr all the good stuff(to my tv) , other doesn't need to be same, any resolution would be fine (will go to raspberry pi via a hdmi video grabber). but simultaneously i need both display out.
i read about some avr has two zone output, where first/main hdmi output will depend on 2nd output, is it true? since hdmi grabber will not support probably 4k hdr, atmos etc. so i maybe end up with lower quality signal on main hdmi out. what is monitor output mean?
any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

No receiver has the ability to output different resolutions via more than one output if the source is the same source for both outputs.

With receivers that include 2 mirrored outputs, the least capable display connected to the AV receiver will determine what the receiver output via both mirrored outputs.

A second zone HDMI output allows for the HDMI source connected to the AV receiver to be passed through the AV receiver. The receiver itself doesn't play any part in procssing the signal being output.

HDMI grabber? If trying to record an HDMI video signal then you cannnot do so if the content is protected by HDCP. Almost all commercial content is now protected by HDCP so you aren't going to circument this protection using an AV receiver.

No receiver has the ability to output different resolutions via more than one output if the source is the same source for both outputs.

With receivers that include 2 mirrored outputs, the least capable display connected to the AV receiver will determine what the receiver output via both mirrored outputs.

A second zone HDMI output allows for the HDMI source connected to the AV receiver to be passed through the AV receiver. The receiver itself doesn't play any part in procssing the signal being output.

HDMI grabber? If trying to record an HDMI video signal then you cannnot do so if the content is protected by HDCP. Almost all commercial content is now protected by HDCP so you aren't going to circument this protection using an AV receiver.
thanks for your reply.

i am not actually trying to record btw, i want to use Hyperion for LED behind my TV.

do you know the function of HDFury Dr.HDMI? I am also thinking to do the setup like shown in the picture. cheap/stupid hdmi splitter doest support HDCP, so i cant to get UHD HDR in the TV when i watch netflix from my shield. But i can fixed the HDCP by Dr.HDMI will i get 4K HDR with lossless sound in my tv?
1599481711174.png

Attachments

• 1599481547749.png
    1599481547749.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 53
Both devices would not only need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant if the intended video is 4K UHD in nature, but they'd also need to have the same video handling capabilities. HDGury do supply devices that remove the or bypass the HDCP protection, but you'd also need one of their device that would scale the signal down if one of the destinations hasn't the ability to handle the same higher resiolution you want to portray on the TV.

I believe that you'd need to downscale the signal going to the Hyperion as opposed to simply stripping ae=way the HDCP 2.2 protection used for UHD content? Also note that games don't generally use HDCP and are not copyright protected. This is to allow gamers to share geming footage.\

The following may be of some interest:

and:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom