MicroMan

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure the best place to post this but here goes.
I have a Denon AVC-x3700h AVR with input via HDMI 1 from a Sky Q box and output via HDMI to a Samsung Q90T TV and require the Sky remote to control the volume of the AVR. At the moment the TV switches on when the AVR is turned on via the Denon remote and the Sky box comes out of standby by pressing a button on the Sky remote which all works fine for most of the time. However occasionally the TV doesn't show Sky but a message saying no input signal from HDMI 3 (which is the Blu Ray player and is turned off) and I have to randomly turn each device on and off until eventually Sky is displayed on the TV which I can just about cope with but is far to complicated for my better half. So firstly why is the Denon expecting an input from HDMI 3 when the display on the from panel states Sky TV (and was the last input used) and secondly can anyone please tell me the menu settings for all 3 devices so that they can be switched on as simply as possible and for the AVR volume to be controlled via the Sky Q remote.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure the best place to post this but here goes.
I have a Denon AVC-x3700h AVR with input via HDMI 1 from a Sky Q box and output via HDMI to a Samsung Q90T TV and require the Sky remote to control the volume of the AVR. At the moment the TV switches on when the AVR is turned on via the Denon remote and the Sky box comes out of standby by pressing a button on the Sky remote which all works fine for most of the time. However occasionally the TV doesn't show Sky but a message saying no input signal from HDMI 3 (which is the Blu Ray player and is turned off) and I have to randomly turn each device on and off until eventually Sky is displayed on the TV which I can just about cope with but is far to complicated for my better half. So firstly why is the Denon expecting an input from HDMI 3 when the display on the from panel states Sky TV (and was the last input used) and secondly can anyone please tell me the menu settings for all 3 devices so that they can be switched on as simply as possible and for the AVR volume to be controlled via the Sky Q remote.

Thanks in advance.
Although it would appear to the uninitiated it sounds like your receiver is acting irrationally but, I'll wager the culprit is Sky Q and CEC.

I have a different TV to you and different brand receiver but, have experienced the same issue, over and over. It is frustrating as hell.

Try turning off HDMI control on Sky Q and see how you go.

As above CEC is going to be the problem.

In a ‘connected’ system using CEC the TV is the ‘master’ device not your AVR so it is likely the TV causing the issues.

If you want to continue to use CEC a you can try powering the system off at the wall for a few mins, disconnect all HDMI cables from the AVR and then connect just the TV and AVR power on, wait a few mins the connect the SKY box to the AVR, that can sometimes force the CEC chain to reinitialise.

The alternative is to disable CEC and look at a learning remote!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom