avr to projector cabling

swerve147

Novice Member
Hi All

Home theatre novice Im afraid..I need some good advice on the HDMI cabling I need for my proposed home theatre.
Im looking at buying ( still looking around but like the look of this one ) a Denon AVR-X2500H receiver, a Optoma UHD-40 4K projector, haven't decided on speakers yet but want Dolby Atmos.
A 4K DVD Blu ray player. Also my current Sky Box and a spare HDMI cable for a PlayStation I may add later

My main question is the Projector to AVR is about 8 meters...I believe I will need a fibre optic HDMI cable due to distance.?

Also is this the only HDMI cable that needs to go to the Projector as all the other devices HDMI cables go to the AVR then from the AVR I need this Fibre Optic HDMI to the projector??

Thanks guys

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
AVR > Projector - ideally whatever you install now you install it in such a way that you can easily replace the cable should it every fail, get damaged or become obsolete, Conduit plus a draw wire is good.

AVR > Projector - at 8m you are are the point where Hybrid Fibre can be the difference between a working and non-working system, though you could try a certified High Speed copper cable.

Other cables - at least one CAT cable for Network connectivity, go CAT6 as a backup for your HDMI cable and depending on your Screen type and kit choice you may require a 'trigger' cable between the Projector and Screen.

Joe

Atomicus

AVR > Projector - ideally whatever you install now you install it in such a way that you can easily replace the cable should it every fail, get damaged or become obsolete, Conduit plus a draw wire is good.

AVR > Projector - at 8m you are are the point where Hybrid Fibre can be the difference between a working and non-working system, though you could try a certified High Speed copper cable.

Other cables - at least one CAT cable for Network connectivity, go CAT6 as a backup for your HDMI cable and depending on your Screen type and kit choice you may require a 'trigger' cable between the Projector and Screen.

Joe

If you are not using an AVR, and instead just have a fancy sound bar, would you run the HDMI from the projector to the soundbar, and then other devices out from the soundbar? I think I've seen this done assuming the sound bar has the pass through capability... is that correct?

swerve147

Novice Member
Hi Joe thanks for the reply...so I only need 1 long Fibre 4K HDMI cable from my AVR to the projector then? , so I can then project my 4K DVD blu ray, My Sky Box, and later on my Playstation?...as these devices plug into my AVR...why would I need a Cat6 for networking to the projector?..the AVR has WiFi built in...Swerve

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom