Question Avr + speakers ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by brandy123, Jul 26, 2018.

1. brandy123

brandy123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Hi guys i have uploaded 2 pictures of one is where my equipment is at now which is in a corner so would like to no what’s the best idea to get a decent sound device that would also take direct inputs of my 4k/hdr devices,
    And eventually I would like to mount it onto the chimney breast but the wife isn’t haven’t it so it’s gonna be awhile before that happens,
    So it will probably stay in the corner for awhile so looking to get the best out of a bad situation,
    Help would be really appreciated,
    Ideally I would like to not spend more money than £600 but if needs be I could go over if it’s a fantastic offer,

Attached Files:

2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,373
    Your best solution would be a good quality soundbar or base. Take out the fireplace and put the TV there and the worlds your oyster.;)

3. brandy123

brandy123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The goal is to mount it above the fireplace as it’s private rented so can’t take anything out but wife isn’t haven’t that at the moment so corner option it stays for awhile,
    What’s a good soundbar that can take numerous 4k/hdr inputs ?
    Ideally would like a denon 2400 avr but not in the corner,

4. mushii

mushii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    You will be amazed how much a good sound bar or soundbase makes a difference to just a TV. Because SWMBO let me have a dedicated Cinema / Media Room with whatever I wanted the compromise was minimal audio intrusion in the Living Room, so I installed a Denon HEOS Theatre soundbar and wireless Sub. For living room listening it is ideal. Plenty of deep bass, audio locked to the TV and its great for casual music listening, it looks really clean and with the sub being wireless I could hide it anywhere I liked. For me it was the perfect compromise and is great for music when we have parties.

i am by no means advocating this as a solution for yourself, but a good soundbar (especially if you get one with a sub) adds a new dimension to TV watching and listening. It certainly brings action movies / programs to life.

5. brandy123

brandy123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    As you can see in my photo I have a LG nb4540 soundbar with sub but it’s either me wanting more or the soundbar isn’t that good,
    As of now if my equipment are staying in the corner what’s the best option to go for ?
    And any suggestions to what device and make to buy,

6. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +726
    A corner is never a great situation for a home cinema, also looking at the lack of room in the TV corner, you haven't got much room to play with.

You have a few options which I feel none will be perfect so with this in mind, maybe look towards a passive sound bar to start to grow your system naturally. When you are ready to make the jump, you can move the passive sound bar on and replace it with three individual speakers at the front ensuring the TV is central to your audio experience across the front of the room. It's not the perfect way.

Using something similar to one of these passive soundbar could be an option in conjunction with a slimline Yamaha RX-S601. Now this won't give you rear's or a subwoofer, but these could be added later when your budget allows.

Alternatives 1, you could look towards a good soundbar and subwoofer or something a little a bit of guts like a refurbished Focal Dimension Soundbar. As you have mentioned 4K, you would have to use your TV for that side and use the HDMI ARC or Optical outputs from your TV. It's a biggy too, so you'd have to get your tape measure out to ensure it would fit in that compact gap.

Alternative 2, within your budget, you could look at these surround sound speakers which are small enough to fit across the front of the TV and from here you could choose whether you create a soundbar effect by housing the front speakers across the front of the TV cabinet or mounting where the TV is not central to the audio like Dolby's 5.1 configuration. The Yamaha would still be fine ensuring you don't have to worry about a fitting a full size amp into that cabinet.