AVR recomendation Sony vs. Yahama vs. Onkyo

Troest

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking for a new AVR for my home. Im using a flatscreen HD tv and a Vista Media Center PC - i wont to connect it all by HDMI and will most likely be needing a HD TV box in the future.

Im curently considering the following 3 AVR's:

Sony STR-DA2400ES
Yamaha RX V663
Onkyo TX SR606

Price and feature is fairly similar im my view - So which is the best and why and/or should i consider some total different AVR's?

Add the Denon 1909 to your list as well, it's in the same competition class. As for which is best, i can't really advise because i'm in the same boat. Leaning towards the Denon though, the Yamaha has some sort of issue with PCs (which instantly makes me run a mile, my computer will be one of my main sources) and the Onkyo is ugly as sin and overheats like a biatch! Not read much in to the Sony yet.

Some People like like Yamaha, some like Denon and so on....

Best thing for both you guys to do is book a demo at your local Sevenoaks Sound&Vision shop then you can decide for yourselves although i doubt they'll do Sony.

Some People like like Yamaha, some like Denon and so on....

Best thing for both you guys to do is book a demo at your local Sevenoaks Sound&Vision shop then you can decide for yourselves although i doubt they'll do Sony.

Hmm, Sevenoaks. Not tried there yet, looking at the map i've a rough idea where my local one is. Guess i'll try there tomorrow and see what they have in, so far the only company i can realistically buy from is Superfi.

Cheers for the tip :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom