• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

AVR recomendation Sony vs. Yahama vs. Onkyo

Troest

Standard Member
Hi,

Im looking for a new AVR for my home. Im using a flatscreen HD tv and a Vista Media Center PC - i wont to connect it all by HDMI and will most likely be needing a HD TV box in the future.

Im curently considering the following 3 AVR's:

Sony STR-DA2400ES
Yamaha RX V663
Onkyo TX SR606

Price and feature is fairly similar im my view - So which is the best and why and/or should i consider some total different AVR's?

McPhee

Add the Denon 1909 to your list as well, it's in the same competition class. As for which is best, i can't really advise because i'm in the same boat. Leaning towards the Denon though, the Yamaha has some sort of issue with PCs (which instantly makes me run a mile, my computer will be one of my main sources) and the Onkyo is ugly as sin and overheats like a biatch! Not read much in to the Sony yet.

swift1

Some People like like Yamaha, some like Denon and so on....

Best thing for both you guys to do is book a demo at your local Sevenoaks Sound&Vision shop then you can decide for yourselves although i doubt they'll do Sony.

McPhee

Some People like like Yamaha, some like Denon and so on....

Best thing for both you guys to do is book a demo at your local Sevenoaks Sound&Vision shop then you can decide for yourselves although i doubt they'll do Sony.

Hmm, Sevenoaks. Not tried there yet, looking at the map i've a rough idea where my local one is. Guess i'll try there tomorrow and see what they have in, so far the only company i can realistically buy from is Superfi.

Cheers for the tip :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom