AVR or AV Processor what to get next question

Nintronics are offer a used AVR 550 for just over £1000 but on 30 day warranty

I messaged Dan who is selling the Anthem AVM60on here, we are about £100 to £150 adrift at the moment
Go for that tbh. Avm60 nice and mature. Ditch internal amps you've got plenty. XLR etc

If you can get avm for £1500. I'd say £1600 a shy bit too much.

There's a Denon avr8500 just offered up to a chap wanting one, wants £1600 which is a fair price

Been offered the Anthem AVM60 for £1500 posted with a years warranty
is this good value?

Quick question about this device
sharc earc audio converter

Ok so i took delivery of the Anthem AVM60 today and i will be taking out the Denon avr4500 and Audiolab power amps and setting it all up tomorrow

So right now i have no issues as my LG C9 and Denon 4500 as both are earc

I like to use the apps on the tv Netflix, Amazon, Disney + ect but i know when i connect the LG to the Anthem it will be displayed as DD+ if i connect it tv earc out to Anthem arc in

If i get the above device will it sort my problems out and how best connect it up in my system?
is it worth getting at all? i just want atmos to be displayed on the Anthem whilst using the tv apps or will this not happen?
Thank you in advance
Richard

Ok, so you sold me the Sharc, and it kinda works but because you have to use a non ARC enabled hdmi input from the Tv instead of using eARC natively at both ends it’s clunky.

How are you getting on with your AVM70?

Ok, so you sold me the Sharc, and it kinda works but because you have to use a non ARC enabled hdmi input from the Tv instead of using eARC natively at both ends it’s clunky.

How are you getting on with your AVM70?
Loving the AVM70
it runs cool and i had my TV and the Anthem calibrated by Canary Jules
its night and day over the Denon 4500 but it should be at this level
I'm just looking for a new rack smaller in width than the one i have so i can get larger subs in at the front

Yes, I think I need the AVM 70 also. However, I am old git and HMG is being very tardy in paying my pension.

Ever try the Yamaha CX 5200?

Yes, I think I need the AVM 70 also. However, I am old git and HMG is being very tardy in paying my pension.

Ever try the Yamaha CX 5200?
Give Dan a shout at the Sound Counsel he will look after you as he did me

This is going to sound stupid but the avm70 fits in my av unit/cabinet/cupboard under the telly and the av7706 doesn’t. It’s all those legacy connections on the Marantz (that I don’t need) that make it too tall.

This is going to sound stupid but the avm70 fits in my av unit/cabinet/cupboard under the telly and the av7706 doesn’t. It’s all those legacy connections on the Marantz (that I don’t need) that make it too tall.

Yeah I don't need legacy connections, monoprice htp-1 back panel is plenty for me (as is my tonewinner at-300)

All I really need is a processor with 7.1 bypass (to input my UDP-205) and pre outs to connect my rotel power amp or even a receiver would do if the sound quality is good enough but I’d need to be able to turn off the amps if using a receiver as my amp is class D and it produces no heat: most receivers do.

I bought the new LG C2 and now the wife can use the Oppo! Because she can see the hdmi connected devices on the tv rather than having the sources plugged into a processor.

I only use 5.1 and I’m happy with that. My speakers are inbuilt into ceiling.

I just want Dolby TrueHD and for that I need eARC. Tried the Sharc. Wife doesn’t understand how to get the Oppo to work with the Sharc. Oppo doesn’t do eARC. I’m currently using the 205 as a processor.

So I need something that’ll do eARC, 7.1 snaking input, pre-out, max 150mm tall and 425mm deep. 5.1 channels. And sound brilliant.

Help!

I was confused by the tone winner as the vid I watched said that if you had no sources connected to the tonewinner you get no video output from the eARC. Otherwise I’d buy the tonewinner. Is it the same Amur by the way?

Check which AV pres /avr have 7.1 RCA analogue bypass as they're not as commonplace.

I want the video from the Oppo to the kg c2 and the audio to the processor with the processor connected to the lg c2 eARC hdmi2. If that makes sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom