Question Avr for my new Kef's

Simon14

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice as I have recently purchased Kef e305 5.1 system, I already own a Yamaha rx-v467 and also a Pioneer vsx-330 but which would be best with the Kef's?

Thanks in advance

Whichever sounds best to you. Try both and choose the receiver you think is best.
Thanks, I remember reading on here that there are brighter and softer sounds (I think that's what they where called), in that situation which would be the best match. Can't get time to test them yet so just doing some early research.

The Kef speakers are relatively neutral while the Pioneer is rated by manner to be bright. THe Yamaha too is said to be brigher and more clinical than say a DEnon or Marantz receiver, but not as clinical as Pioneer are often suggested to be. Clinical receivers can be very detailed, but also fatiguing to listen to for long periods so I'd maybe go with the less clinical Yamaha receiver. It is ultimately up to you though so I'm at a loss as to why you don't simply try them for yourself if you allready own them?

There's no wrong or right combination. THe one that sounds best to you is the one you should use.

Work still getting done do to house so not going to get a chance to listen to them yet but was curious on what the experts here thought about them. Thanks again

Work still getting done do to house so not going to get a chance to listen to them yet but was curious on what the experts here thought about them. Thanks again
I had a rx-a1050 with the e305's and I thought the combination was brilliant , if that's any help to you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom