AVR for 9 channel + 2 channel in room 2

Nidhoggr

Novice Member
Hi all!

I am currently building a wall to hide cables for my future media room. I am planning to run a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 in there, and the wall will hold the AVR. Immediately above the media room is the living room/kitchen area, and I have run a pair of empty tubes from the planned location of the AVR to where I intend to have two speakers for music listening while cooking and entertaining guests. In other words, I am looking at a 9 channel + 2 channel in room 2 setup.

My prime candidate for this is the Denon 4700 which powers 9 channels and can drive 2 additional pre-out. Reading the manual, I do not see anything regarding having a 7.1.2 powered by the Denon and the Zone 2 via an external power amplifier. Will that work?

Alternatively, could I use an external amp for the two front channels in the media room, while having the Denon power the remaining channels AND the Zone 2 speakers?

Currently, I have not purchased any equipment except speaker cables, so options are still open. I will probably start off with a Triangle Borea BR08 5.1 and build out from that to the full 11 channels + sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom