• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Avr-5700 ????

100949football

:hiya: :hiya: Anyone know where in the "league table" my American Denon AVR-7500 receiver/amp comes in relation to UK products.
For example what is the UK equivelant model?

It is some "beastie" and certainly packs a punch. I've had it - barely used though - for around three years now and would like to know if it is worthwhile upgrading - or would that be a downgrade!!!!! Both sound and vision are absolutely superb but I can't get "upsampling" on cd audio!
Probably a very small price to pay for an otherwise superb piece of kit!
I'm muttering on and seem to be answering my own questions here perhaps I should just thank my lucky stars I've got it!

Jase

Distinguished Member
The AVR 5700 is the equivalent to the Denon A1D. It's been superceded by the A1SE, A1SR(A) and now A1XV. Good in it's day but the later versions jumped in performance each time. It really depends what you're comparing it to.

Jase

Distinguished Member
The 3806 has better processing/features but the 5700's amplification is better. I'd opt for the 3806 personally as my preference is for an EX/ES setup rather than 5.1. Certainly worth a demo if you can.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom