AVR-4308 DAB is on the way !!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by redbull2075, Aug 30, 2007.

1. redbull2075

redbull2075

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Well I am very excited the receiver is due next week so I will be preparing the rack this weekend, having owned many previous Denon recievers I was thinking about going for an Onkyo 875/905 but bailed out this morning cancelled my order and thought what the heck my wife is going to moan at me anyway so why not go crazy !!!
    I am lucky enough to work for an AV company and this morning got the full glossy spec sheets on the 4308 dumped on my desk and wasted no time in changing my plans.

The spec sheets provide 6 full pages of excellent informative information and reading through them I realised that this really is going to be something special.

I really did nearly join the dark side having always been a denon fan boy only because the Onkyo really seems to offer excellent specs for the money and the reports have been very,very favourable but the 2 things that put me off were the asthetics which to me do matter and also the stories of the 875 being able to heat the whole house all by itself and I was not going to change my av rack or add additional fans.

Very excited.

:rotfl:

2. welshy

welshy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    avland have the 4308 in silver in stock now, I wonder when they'll have the 3808 in stock?

3. type r daddy

type r daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i was getting hooked on the onkyo 905 coz of the specs and the price, but i will be going down to me sevenoaks as they just emailed me to tell me the denon 4308 is in and i should take it for a test drive!
    ive sold my 4306 to me mate and im guna pick one to replace it.

like you i think the looks are very important and i dont need an extra heater in the house!!:D:rotfl:
    so im defo getting swayed by the denon

4. redbull2075

redbull2075

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    m
    Yes exactly, looks are very important in most things that we buy plus I am not willing to let my receiver take over a large chunk of the room just so it does not cut out !

Touch wood Denon have never let me down and I personally believe that you get what you pay for.

I am interested in many of its features for example its wi fi options with itunes etc.

Plus the DAB radio is a nice inclusion

I should point out through that I could never afford it or justify buying it if I did not work in the industry that I do ... so in that respect I think the Onkyo's are very,very good value for money

If you go and have a listen please let me know your thoughts ??:)

5. type r daddy

type r daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i will do! ive booked myself in for monday morning! guna have a gud play.

6. redbull2075

redbull2075

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Well my Black 4308 arrived this morning so when I have managed to build up my energy levels to lift her out of the box I will report back my initial thoughts :clap:

7. Beaker

Beaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got mine :D in black but it will be in the box a while longer :( as I have to run all the cables in and get my room plastered. Give me an incentive to work my butt off getting the room finished.

8. Peter Galbavy

Peter Galbavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just noticed one feature that seemed to have slipped under the radar - at least mine. The 4308 support FLAC for network play; it's on their news page:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/