AVR 3806 ---Zones

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by norge, Apr 25, 2007.

1. norge

norge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just want to clarify whether I understood well...Can surround B be set to zone 2 and surround back be set to zone 3?

Is it possible to play two zones at the same time with just the avr 3806 amplifier...for example the main zone 1 and zone 3 from surround back? That is... is it possible that the same amplifier handles different audio inputs at the same time?

Thanks

2. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I see where you're going with this, the answer is no.
    Once you assign zone2 you cant then have surround backs.
    But, if you're watching TV on the main zone you can play CD's back through zone2 at the same time.
    I do it all the time, nipper watching TV and I put the IPod on zone2 for the garden

3. dcolt

dcolt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want three different sources playing at the same time, you'll need an external amp for the third source. The 3806 can only power two separate speaker systems (zone 1 and zone 2 or zone 1 and zone 3) simultaneously.

4. norge

norge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks....

So you can play the amplifier running with 2 different sound inputs one for main zone, the other for either zone2 or zone 3.....

So, if I just have a 5.1 main zone channel I can assign zone 2 to surround B and zone 3 to surround back ....right?

And with a 7.1 main zone channel you can assign surround back to Zone 2 and you can still run them from the same amplifier...right?

Is it possible to have a main zone with 9.1 with 3806...just curiosity....

5. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,309
    Bear in mind that if you assign the surround back amps to Zone 2 you can only have analog sources playing in that zone. The only Denon's that let you play a digital source in Zone 2 are the 4306 and A1XVA.

It is possible to have a 9.1 system with the 3806 but Surround A and Surround B share amplification. At the end of the day you still only have seven amps to play with.

6. norge

norge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So if I have 5.1 in main zone (Surround back --- not connected), and I assign surround B to zone2,
    Zone 2 and surround A share the power?

7. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,309
    Well, if you had 5.1 in the main zone you'd assign the Surround Backs to Zone 2. Surround A and Surround B share the same amps whatever you do so you'd want to avoid that if at all possible.