1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR-3802 owners please help: How do I get rid of the 'REC' display?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tk2001, Nov 12, 2002.

1. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi, I've had my 3802 for probably over 6 months now and everything has been fine up until now.

When I watch DVD movies, my amp (LCD screen) would display either the 'Dolby Digital' or the 'DTS', nothing else.

I don't know whos been using my amp and messing around with my settings, but now there is always 'REC' & 'CD' logo on the amps LCD display and it is becoming something of a hinderance.

I've tried pushing the 'rec/multi' button on the amp to try to get rid of the 'REC' display but the display just alternates between 'REC' & 'MULTI'. I've pushed every buttom on my amp but just can't seem to get rid of the bugger.

Please, can someone advise on what I can do?

2. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Are you still getting 5.1 sound from the amp? Or is it stereo only?

Your digital input on the amp might be set to CD, or you DVD player might be outputting the digital signal as PCM rather than Bitstream. Check the sub menu's on the DVD player to see what is being output. Other than that I'm not sure.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Try via the front panel, press the Rec/Multi button then twiddle the Select knob on the right of the amp.

4. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I tried what u suggested - press the Rec/Multi button then twiddle the Select knob on the right of the amp - and that didn't work. However, I tried turning the left 'Function' knob instead and that seemed to do the trick.

Thankyou for your help everyone.

5. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0