1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR-3802 and Component Video Switching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by plasmattack, Oct 9, 2002.

1. plasmattack

plasmattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my theoretical set-up I am using a Denon AVR-3802 to video-switch a component signal from a DVD player. Naturally I am feeding the 5.1 digital output from my DVD to the amp for decoding.

Having seen pictures of the back of the amp it is clear how the composite video and associated stereo audio signals are related. Likewise with the S-Video/stereo audio. However, the digital audio inputs and the component video inputs have no obvious physical relationship (i.e. they are not adjacent to one another on the back panel) and, furthermore, the number of inputs of each type differ. So my question is this: using the amp, how would I associate a DVD's video and audio signals so that selecting "DVD" as an input source ensures that the correct audio and video channels are processed? (Hope that makes sense.)

2. Feccy35

Feccy35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without checking, do you not assign the component (and maybe the audio) inputs via the setup menu to the appropriate source. i.e. Component input 1 would be assigned to dvd.

I haven't done this yet - but I'm sure that's the process.

Fec

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,566
    Hi

The Component Video inputs are fixed (as are all the S-Video & Composite inputs). The digital audio inputs can be assigned though. Then its just a case of selecting which video source you want to display with the audio, either done via the OSD or on the front panel of the amp.

4. plasmattack

plasmattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perfect. Thanks, Jase.