1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR 300 v FMJ A32

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by davrid, Jul 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. davrid

davrid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My sytem requirements are pretty straightforward - the only conections will be DVD (also to play CD), receiver and Plasma TV, and possibly my playstation and skyplus.

Assuming I purchase an Arcam DVD (either DV 79 or DV 29) what would be the best amp/receiver solution an AVR 300 or the FMJ A32 fitted with mutlichannel board? I have no need for the tuner and given the few sources connected, unlikely to need upscaling etc - at the moment Sky is just connected using a scart, making do with 2 channel audio, which for me is really ok - as use more for the recording facility.

Thanks

2. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 300 comparing with an A32 is like david and goliath. It's a little blown up but the A32 is miles ahead of the avr 300. If you compare the prices for instance, the avr is somwhat more expensive, but if you see that in the context of the amount of amplified channels and other technical aspects that are used(video switching and stuff), it should be simple to add up. The a32 is another league in comparison. Mind you that costwise the option of the a32 will hurt your budget quite severly. The 7.1 board, the added 3 ch amp, which should be one of a FMJ type(p35 3 ch.) etc.

3. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there, i compared an AVR300 to my A32 in stereo last year and didn't find a huge amount of difference between them -it defiently wasn't night and day. They were driving Quad 22L's.

CaM

4. Dillon

Dillon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I went to my dealer to get a new amplifier, I went with the intention of getting an AVR300. The dealer suggested having a listen to the A32 too, and I thought the difference between them was like chalk and cheese. Needless to say I got the A32, and have been very, very happy with it. (although I did hear a Sugden A21SE the other weekend and thought it was superb)

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I too have had a soft spot for the 32.