1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR 300 Remote problem

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by mumbles, Jul 18, 2005.

1. mumbles

mumbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up my new Arcam AVR 300. I can not get it to respond to source changes using the remote. I can change the volume however. Right now I must use the face plate buttons to change the source. I wouid appreciate hearing from anyone with AVR 300 experirnce on this problem.

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    push the "amp" button on top of the remote. It selects the source which should respond to your C80. Volume works in all functions.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I'll expand a bit on that:

The set of 8 buttons at the top of the remote with source names on them tell the remote contorl what source you want to operate.

You will also notice that the numeric keys below also have source names printed on them, these are source selection keys for the amp.

In order to change sources on the amp you need to to do following.

1.Press 'Amp' fom the source control list in the top eight buttons. This tells the rmeote you want to cotrol the amplifier

2. Press whichever numeric key corresponds to the source you want to change to eg: 1-DVD, 2-SAT, 3-VCR and 4-CD. This will tell the amp to select this input source.

Can I suggest you have a good read of the manual, as this and many other operational features are covered extensively in there. For example what have just explained to you is quite clearly laid out on page E18 of your manual, stating the purpose of each set of keys.

4. mumbles

mumbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your clarity. I am sure this will part the fog.