AVR-300 No sub volume question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Theroux001, Mar 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Theroux001

Theroux001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I just purchased an AVR-300 with Paradigm speakers and a Martin Logan sub. I love the system, it sounds spectacular. I have one strange issue however. The sub works great during 2 channel but when I use Prologic or any of the other multi-channel modes I get no sub output. I even tried pushing the levels all the way up for the sub (both on the 300 and on the sub) including the stereo volume on the set-up screen. No luck.

I'm connected digitally (coax) from my DVD player to the 300. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure that it's something simple. The sub works great in 2-channel mode.

Thanks, Kevin

2. ar1234

ar1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are your fronts set to large ? if so no base information will be redirected to the sub, only original LFE information which does not get generated in Prologic mode. For 2Ch source (with no processing like Prologic) you can set the AVR in a mode were it will redirect Low Frequency audio to the Sub when your Fronts are large (i believe its called : Large + Sub).

3. Theroux001

Theroux001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was actually that if the front speakers were not set to small (even if in the other menu it was set to Large+Sub) no bass would be directed to the sub except in 2-channel and DTS). It seems a little strange to me. Thanks for your help.:)