1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR 300 component inputs

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by SteveBradley, Jan 6, 2005.

1. SteveBradley

SteveBradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've just joined this forum having just upgraded my old Kenwood receiver (circa 1994) for an AVR 300. The step up from the Kenwood to the Arcam can only be described as about the same as the difference between changing from a bike to a space shuttle!

I have a problem which I hope someone can give me some guidance on:

I have bought component video leads to run from my Pioneer DVD636 DVD player to the Arcam but cannot get any output. Composite and video-s from the pioneer work fine. The AVR 300 is feeding a JVC TV via Video-s cable. I'm sure it is a set up problem, but I am lost at the moment.

Can anyone help?

2. lbpetjos

lbpetjos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I just looked in the owners manual on Arcams website (page E8). As I understand it you only have component hooked up from your DVD to the AVR 300 and only S-video from the AVR 300 to your TV. According to the manual this won't get you a picture since AVR 300 won't convert your input (component) to S-video. To get S-video out of the receiver you have to feed it either composite or S-video.

Peter Kalin

3. SteveBradley

SteveBradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Peter,

Thannks for that, Maybe I can use point this as ammunition to get anew TV/Display with component inputs!

Thanks

Steve