Quantcast

AVR-300 banana plugs?

Barend

Novice Member
Does this baby accept normal banana plugs now or are the horrible hollow plugs still required?
Not that they're so bad, but it's impossible to get DECENT plugs accepting 6 mm wire...
Barend

RaceTripper

Standard Member
Originally posted by Barend
Does this baby accept normal banana plugs now or are the horrible hollow plugs still required?
Not that they're so bad, but it's impossible to get DECENT plugs accepting 6 mm wire...
Barend
Speaker connections on the AVR300 are what they are on the AVR200. Binding posts that accept bare wire and spade or BFA connectors.

Dean

I

Icarus

Originally posted by dwette
Speaker connections on the AVR300 are what they are on the AVR200. Binding posts that accept bare wire and spade or BFA connectors.

Dean
My AVR200 will accept banana plugs as well as those mentioned by Dean, unless my understanding of banana plugs is all wrong. ;)

Barend

Novice Member
Well I don't know what they are on the AVR-200, so my real question remains- how can I connect 6mm cable to the outputs?
And do 6mm BFA plugs exist?

Barend

RaceTripper

Standard Member
Originally posted by Barend
Well I don't know what they are on the AVR-200, so my real question remains- how can I connect 6mm cable to the outputs?
And do 6mm BFA plugs exist?

Barend
Monster Cable makes speaker cable pins that accomodate heavy duty speaker cable. I expect you might be able to attach those to the binding posts.

Dean