1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR 300 - active crossover

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by guitarminister, Aug 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. guitarminister

guitarminister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if it is possible to drive the Linn Ninka in 'active mode' using AVR 300? (This means that the crossover in the speaker is bypassed and filtering is done on the low-level signals.)

/Guitarminister

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

The AVR300 does not have a preamp out to power amp in option. So I can't think of any way you could do this without using external power amplifers and the preamp out of the AVR300.

Your best bet would be to use an AVP700 and a P1000 that way you can put the active filter in between the AVP700 and the P1000.

Assuming you are only using active for the front channels and they are 2 way speakers. You could use channels 6 + 7 (surrounb back) as the extra amplifers. obviously this is only possible if you only want a 5.1 setup.

If you plan to use active for all speakers then two P1000 would be needed to supply enough channels.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. guitarminister

guitarminister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks for your swift answer.
    Looking forward in the launch of the new combo soon here in Sweden.

(I think i was hoping for some possibility to use the same software as is used for filtering the low frequencies to the sub when using the setting 'small fronts' etc...)