1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVR 2105 + DVD 2910 and a Panny PW7.... am i likely to have Lip Sync problems???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kamakazie, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    As the title, im thinking of this setup but have not yet purchased the Reciever.
    Am i likely to get problems? if so is there any way of fixing it and if not is it worth getting the Yammy 750SE for its ability to adjust the timings of the sound for this reason??

Also:
    With sound should i use Digital Optical or Digital Coaxial for output from the DVD player (and whatever tuner box i get, if its supported).

Thanks

2. Eitzel

Eitzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Top Secret-Anyone coming anywhere near my Pioneer
    Ratings:
    +142
    Lip-sync could well be a problem. It's best to make sure that you are covered for this potentiality because if you are not, lip-sync difficulties will drive you crazy. The 750SE is a great option, both in terms of sound quality and the eradication of lip-sync issues. That's why I bought one. Coax over optical does it for me every time, no contest. But that could just be me. If you can, try them both out. If you can't, go for coax from the DVD player to amp. You may be a bit limited on the tuner front as they tend to be optical but you can link that up to the 750SE too as it takes both. Hope this helps. :smashin:

3. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks Eitzel, i do really hate lip sync problems when its on anything so if id just spent all that money of a setup i think i would go mad.

The 750SE is is with Coax soun dnad Component video. Can't wait!!

4. Eitzel

Eitzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Top Secret-Anyone coming anywhere near my Pioneer
    Ratings:
    +142
    I've set my delay on the Yam. to 62ms. That seems to solve all my problems with lip-sync. Maybe you might like to start with that setting. I'm sure you'll find one to suit you at around that point. Enjoy your new gear!