Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AVR 200 OSD Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarcBecker, Jan 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MarcBecker

MarcBecker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the first time since I set up my system (june 04), i tried to go back to the osd menu of my AVR-200, but the screen was flickering like a bad cable station. Looking for suggestions to troubleshoot this before i bring it back to the dealer. Right now its hooked up via composite cable to my television. I tried two different composite cables and two different composite inputs on the television, with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    IIRC you need a video input to the receiver (such as a set top box or VCR) to generate the syncs. Add that and I am pretty confident all will be well. If not call our helpdesk for more advice.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. MarcBecker

MarcBecker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    john, thanks for the advice, i hooked up a composite cable to my receiver via the DVD player and it improved the problem by 90%. 2 of the 6 options on the OSD still shake, but I no longer experience the rolling screen. I can definitely live with it and make any adjustments as necessary. Its great to see such quick and accurate help offered by arcam. Thanks.