• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AVR 1909 - Has mine failed?

Chazaxl

Established Member
Just back from a trip over to Australia. Kids came back from dropping me off, switched the unit on - 'trips' out after around 3-4 seconds and the on/off button starts showing as red flashes, every 0.5 secs.

No one was using the unit - it was off prior (as far as I know).

Manual says its a speaker wire issue or an impedance issue. Had a quick look - no wires touching - will try and remove all later and see.

Manual also states a possible failed amp circuit.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Problem too for me - unit was bought in Belfast and I now live in NZ. I hope that someone local will look at it under warranty - assuming something has gone wrong.

A bit dissapointing to say the least.

THE-STIG-08

Established Member
i had the same thing happen to me once, it has an overheating cut off. so if its in a confined area with no room to breath or it gets to hot it will automaticly turn off and the red light will start to flash. i don't know where you have it positioned but try taking it out so it has all sides and top uncovered and let it cool down if its been on, check all speaker wires are in correctly. then reset it, hopefully it should get it working again.

Last edited:

Chazaxl

Established Member
Thanks - is there a formal reset apart from removing power?

Its been warm here - but not excessive. A bit worried now - want to build it into a custom unit that im building - might need some fans or similar.

THE-STIG-08

Established Member
yes there is, turn off the power using the POWER button then press POWER while simultaneously pressing INPUT MODE and SPEAKERS. once the display starts flashing at intervals of 1 second release the 2 buttons. this will reset the microproccesor to its default values so you will have to go through the set up again but hopefully this will fix your problem. if it doesnt it may be something more serious.

Chazaxl

Established Member
Tried all the options - changed power lead - seems unit has failed :-(

Suppose now I need to see how good Denon is with their warranty / repairs.

Chazaxl

Established Member
Taken it to a local repair agent - tested the amplifier stage, doesnt believe it is blown. Suspects something wrong with the power supply - should hopefully have it back sometime next week, all at my own cost as it seems Denon does not give any warranty in New Zealand, irrespective if it was purchased locally through an authorised dealer or not.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom